When the house was built in 1926, no one had known how many conversions would take place over the decades. The major renovation of 1973 only laid the foundation stone for future use. It was a long way from the beginning as a guest house with rooms next to the cowshed to today’s 4 star hotel with the highest awards.
The history of the Hotel Pidder Lyng shows impressively how successfully the owner Renate Peters transformed the house from a cowshed to the most popular 4 star hotel in Amrum. The house, built in 1926, was converted into a hotel in 1965. The most complex renovation took place in 1973. Additional extensions were made in 1975, 1978, 1982, 1985 and 1988.
In 2003 the breakfast bay window with the 180 ° panoramic glass front was added. The Weizsäcker Suite got its own entrance with terrace in 2008. But the hotel has not only changed in appearance. Even inside. In the past 4 years all rooms got new bathrooms and were equipped with tiles. A lot has also happened in technology: Flat-TV and radio as well as fast WLAN reception are basic features today.